HOW WE CAN HELP
At Haggards Crowther, our team of accountants are equipped to advise you across all your investments - here are just a few examples of the areas we regularly advise on:
- UK bank interest usually has tax at 20% deducted at source, however in some cases, no tax is deducted.
- Overseas dividends and the ability to offset withholding tax suffered.
- Investments you have made that qualify for Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) relief
- Stocks and shares held in a trust of which you are a beneficiary.
- Using your annual Capital Gains Tax allowance to its best.
- Making best use of capital losses, and identifying situations where a capital loss may be offset against income.
We will assist in strategic decision making, advising you as to the tax efficiency which can be derived from gifting shares to your spouse or any tax you should expect to pay when considering selling a large part of your portfolio, in addition to helping you to plan for the future with Inheritance Tax Planning.
"I have worked with Terry Smith for a number of years and always find him to be incredibly knowledgeable and happy to help. Our working relationship is so refreshing that it often feels like he is a part of our company... "
Mr G, Cobham, Surrey