Resident Non Doms

We will ensure that there is no unexpected tax liability once you become resident in the UK.


If you live and work in the UK, but you were born overseas to a non UK born father, it is likely that you have a special tax status (a UK resident but not domiciled which is commonly known as being a ‘Res non-dom’) and as a result special tax rules apply.


Our team at Haggards Crowther are skilled in order to assist in a number of areas for those with res non-dom status, such as:

  • Advising on changes to UK residency laws.
  • Preparing your UK tax return.
  • Advising on the rules that surround declaring worldwide income in the UK.
  • Advising on funds remitted to the UK, and how to minimise the UK tax paid.
  • Ensuring that any tax suffered overseas is reflected in your UK tax return as allowed within UK legislation.
  • Advising on reliefs available if you are planning to invest in a UK business.


It is worth noting that even if you are not resident in the UK, you will need to prepare a UK tax return to cover, for example, income derived from UK property investments.

To the non-initiated, the rules surrounding tax on earnings for res non-doms can seem complex and convoluted, but our team at Haggards Crowther know the score and are well placed to advise on the ins and outs of your liabilities and what you need to declare and when.

"Gail Cobley is extremely approachable, and always helpful.  She is a pleasure to deal with and always available when required.  She will never hesitate to take the time to explain any areas of complexity to help me to understand my situation.  I won't hesitate to recommend Haggards Crowther to friends and colleagues."

Mr Armitage, SW11